Sunday, October 12, 2008

The work continues...


Its a holiday here, so we are at an internet cafe e-mailing. This place is way nice and reminds me of back home! Yeah, so this week was a major drag. My beloved associate, Z-man, was sick almost the whole week. On Tuesday, we went to the hospital with Arata Stake Kaicho (President), and it appears that Z has tonsillitis. He got a million pills, but we spent all Tuesday and Wednesday in the apartment. I had wicked cabin fever. On Thursday, the Traveller's came, but they hung out with Arata Kaicho all day, then came by at 5:00 and picked us up. They were skeptical because Z still wasn't feeling good, which was kinda a bummer, but they let us leave and go to the matsuri (festival) with them. Matsuri.... yeah. It was way lame... lol. Even the Traveller's got a good kick out of it, it just wasn't what it was cracked up to be at all. Still was way nice to be able to hang out with them though, and to get out of the house was good too. We ate jumbo hot dogs and crepes, so that was delicious! Friday we went to DTM in Toyama, and then came home and didn't do anything because the trip took a lot out of Z-man. We do have a new dendo method, its called Ashiyu (foot bath) dendo. It is a way good time. There is a free public foot bath right next to our apartment, so its fun to go sit there and just to have casual conversations with people. It's really good practice. We have done it every day since Thursday when we went with the Traveller's. I'll send the SD card home today, it really isn't that exciting because the floats at the matsuri were lame. It wasn't like the kind you thought about, it wasn't one of the drunk-guys without shirts carrying the floats matsuri... it was an old-school tall floats on big wheels matsuri. I want to go to a drunk matsuri... it sounds more fun. haha!
Conference on Saturday and Sunday was good, we watched it at 1.5x speed because we realized how slow the people talk. When you turn it to 1.5x they speak like normal conversation, so it was way funny and good. My favorite talk was from Elder Wirthlin when he talked about just laughing at stuff, I liked that a lot.
As for my updates, there are only 3 I have written down.
First, Z-man's favorite band is Transsiberian Orchestra. It has brought some memories back listening to them, I love them though. Its way nice compared to all the EFY I have constantly listened too.
Second, I tried the Orange Pulp drink from the DyDo machine. It was way good!
Third, at the Ashiyu we met these two girls that were from Niigata! I told them they you served there and they thought that was way cool!
That's it. Way boring. As for the pictures I sent, and the one of the foot bath, the guy on the far right is Arata Stake President, he is "the man" and he speaks really good English! The two Primary boys, Kouki kun is the older one, and Shi-chan is the kid. Shi-chan is the cutest little guy around, he and I are way good friends. I have a way cute video of him I'm gonna send home!
Your e-mails you sent really helped me out. Its flippin hard out here, that's for dang sure. I have had to keep trying to have conversations with people and they always end way awkward. I guess its good practice for me. I am going to start a fast to help me out this week in being a better missionary. I think the reason I get down is because I realize all the potential I have, and the reason I feel like this is because I'm not living up to the potential I have. Thank you so much for fasting for me that means a lot, I love you all so much! Until next week, Ja mata! Love you all, keep on keepin on.
Love,
The Kunninator

No comments: