Chris' Pday activities: A soccer game and a tour of the Toyota car factory. Chris thinks this should be the new Mission Home car! I'm thinking he looks good in it, but on the other hand, it's not RED!

Last Saturday after I emailed... we didn't have preparation day! We decided to get a bunch of work done and move our pday to Tuesday, I'll explain Tuesday in a second! So we went to Banana's and played baseball with her kids, they are kinda out of control but really are good boys. I am going to try to get the missionaries in her area to start working with that family because it is too hard for us to use our time in that way, its not effective. After that we went to Kinkos in Sakae to get 100 books printed that we made. Then, we went home and just did normal work for a while, I finished making a video that we showed to the whole mission at zone conference.
Sunday was sweet, the Assistants baptized a little 10 year old boy named Hideki kun. His mom is Filipino and is kinda inactive, but he has been coming to church and learning from the missionaries so he got baptized. After the baptism meeting, we went to Okazaki to go to Stake Conference. They rented out a huge meeting hall and had stake conference there, it was a weird place and didn't feel like church. It's kinda funny how not having church in a church building just feels way different. It was good though, and I understood all the Japanese spoken for 2 hours straight, so that was a blessing!
Monday we had zone taikai, it was pretty good but crazy. We had to go get dessert for everyone in the morning, to eat during lunch. So we walked into taikai a few minutes late, then we had to get the lunches all set up, Elder Gurr (senior missionary) and Kusume went and picked up bentous (box lunches) at HottoMotto. After lunch, taikai continued, then after taikai I had to drive a bunch of missionaries to Nagoya Eki way fast in order for them to make their train back up to Nagano-ken. The problem was, that I was in the silver sunny, which meant I couldn't use the ETC roads, which meant I took slow roads the whole way there. Well, they missed their train and had to catch one an hour later, lol.
Tuesday we had preparation day, we went to Toyota Factory with President's family and with the whole Okazaki Zone missionaries. It was pretty interesting, it wasn't really fun in any way but it was way cool to see how a car is built and how all the machines work together to do it, I enjoyed it a lot. Sadly, they wouldn't let cameras inside the factory so I couldn't get any inside pics, but I do have some in the showrooms and of a robot playing a trumpet, lulz. That card will come home in a few weeks, its on a new SD card.
Speaking of SD cards, I sent one home in a bubble envelope yesterday, then I sent a huge box of stuff home as well. The box of stuff would have been 82 bucks to send by air, so for 40 bucks I tossed it on a boat and it will be to you in a month or two. Sorry... lulz.
Wednesday we worked, I don't really remember what happened Wednesday but I think we got a lot done. At night we went and picked up a referral of ours to go to Eikaiwa. (English Class) His name is Yuma kun, he is the man! He is 19 years old and is friends with Elder Biesinger. He did a homestay program in Utah and his family there was LDS, so he has gone to church, has a BofM, and even told me he had a CTR ring. We are going out to ramen with him tonight, so we are excited. He is a way chill dude.
Thursday we worked some more, I got everything done that I needed to, so we got money from Elder Gurr and went and bought a million cleaning supplies and new stuff for our apartment. We spent about 50 bucks on cleaning stuff, then we went to town. Thursday night we went and housed.
Friday, after taking Chelsea and her sisters' family to the Nagoya Eki (which I managed to make them miss their train too, freak!) we continued our cleaning project. It was awesome, I took a pic of the shower and a little video to show you, way funny. It will probably take another week or so to finish it all, but we will continue next week and get this place looking new!
That brings us to today, nothing going on really. My box of food comes on Monday so I am excited for that, I am going to freak out on anyone if they eat it so I am sure they will stay away. They are freaking crazy here in the honbu, the assistants make the atmosphere in here way bad. When they walked in after being gone all yesterday, Elder Kusume is like "kono atmosphere wa kawatta ne?" which means "this atmosphere (yes he uses a lot of big English words when he speaks Japanese) just really changed huh?". Whatever, I am trying to complain less and less, its way hard though. I love you all!
Love,
Kun
Q & A
Have you heard anything from Moribe's?
No, but I sent them a letter yesterday, I wrote it last week but haven't gone to the post office til yesterday. I didn't know mama san and papa san's address so I just sent it all to Sanae and hopefully she can pass it along to them.
What gifts did they bring you?
Shirts, Japanese snacks, papa sama gave me a Giants Baseball magazine (he absolutely LOVES baseball), and a bunch of other things I put in the box I just sent home.
I saw a PayPal receipt for a purchase at flying pig. Does that draw funds
out of your credit union account? Do I need to do anything with your money for that?
Yeah it comes straight out of my bank account if my paypal account doesn't have enough, so that should be good!
What did your order from the pig? Did it arrive yet?
I got salsa, chips, cheese, chili, costco chocochip muffins (I am going to freeze them and eat them as we go), and a couple other things I think. Kinda expensive huh?
Why are the AP missionaries thieves?
Haha thats way funny, I don't know. If you leave any food out, they take it and eat it all. If you clean something up, they make it a mess again. I have been here for a month and I don't think they have done a single dish, and they also don't really throw any garbage away either. If they do... then they throw it in the wrong box usually.
Have you driven a lot this past week?
Yeah, I have gone everywhere, I have been to the eki twice, down to Sakae twice, and a bunch of other places too.
When are the next transfers?
I don't really know.... June 12 maybe? Not really important cause I am gonna be here for a while huh.
LOST Season 5 ended this week. Best season ever! Do you have any desire to watch it when you get home or have you forgotten all about TV?
Yamete! (Stop!)
Ok, have a great week! Don't take any crap from the AP's. If they steal
your food, take em down!!!
Hahaha!
Well, I am going to 豊田市 (Toyota City) to go to a soccer game! I am way excited! Elder Soelberg doesn't feel good and Elder Kusume didn't want to go, so me and Elder Muniz and Sister Traveller are going! We are gonna pick up a recent convert in Toyota and he is gonna come too! :) I will take pics and stuff! I love you all and I hope you get that SD card before next week! Its a good one! :)
Love,
KUN
PS- I will check my mail again today probably, so send whatever you want to mmk?! PEACE!
1 comment:
Sweet car! I think that Dad should get Chris a red one before he comes home!! :)
Post a Comment