Our new investigator just happens to be a bijin (hottie)... lol. Will send the story later... just a little teaser about the crazy week I had lolololololol.I have to go set up a projector and a powerpoint because President has a big meeting soon. This week has been nuts... just like you over there in AZ. I will send my big email later...
Sooooooo, it sounds like you all had a party yourselves there in AZ. Life has been way nuts here. Here is the story.
Sunday was your normal Sunday, we had Kenji come to church, and after church their was a luncheon. Kenji is progressing decently, he still doesn't understand it for himself but he is slowly but surely beginning to understand it. On Sunday night we did planning, it went very well. We prayed that we might know who is ready in this next transfer to listen to our message, (our old investigators), and during planning we thought to call Ka san and Yo kun. Mama san Ka came to Japan from China and put us out of the picture, telling Ka and Yo that their family is bukkyo (Buddist) and that they can't have anything to do with us. So... she left this past week. I called and invited Yo kun to go to Young Men's camp, and so Ka san wanted to go with his son... so they are both their. They left yesterday morning (Friday) and will come home this afternoon. Way bomb!
Monday, we did staff meeting, then we worked, I went on a split with a member for an hour in the afternoon to do a little dendo, then we went to visit Ka san that night. We went with Kenta kyodai and he explained the camp, and it was bomb. Monday night we had FHE with Ando kyodai.... except he didn't show up. He was fetching sleeping... story of his life lately haha. He missed church because he wasn't feeling good, but then he was sleeping on Monday so he missed FHE. We just did FHE with the members and it was a fun time to spend with all the SA's. (single adults)
Tuesday we worked worked worked, then went on a kokan (exchange) with the zone leaders at night. Me and Tashibu choro went to the church and did a lesson with Hiromi shimai and Chinami shimai and Jack kyodai, then went to the Yoneda family's house and did a lesson for them. Way bomb.
Wednesday we finished the kokan, drove back to Kasugai and then went to the store and bought them a new shelf for their apartment, then came home. Wednesday night, Eikaiwa, we did a mogi-lesson with Go kyodai (way cool college kid in our ward) and then did Eikaiwa. It was a bomb eikaiwa, I read Green Eggs and Ham and had a good time with all the students. Way bomb. After Eikaiwa... instead of doing a lesson with Ando, he had to run on an "errand" before work so he peaced out. Before he left, I told him I was way concerned about him and asked him if everything was okay. He told me he is okay, and told me honestly a few things that were giving him a hard time (word of wisdom) and so I encouraged him and he left.
Thursday... August 27, the craziest day of my mission possibly. Soooooo, I woke up, only to have my sore throat hurting even worse and just feeling like downright terribleness. So we do our normal morning thing, and I roll out into the office at like 10:30. The phone rings. Sister Gurr answers it, and then passes it over to me. She says "this woman needs to know where the closest church is"... so I hop on and start talking. She totally lives in Hoshigaoka, which is just 2 train stops away, and is in our area. So I told her that it is the same church that I go to, and so we talk and she totally throws down a couple lines in perfect English pronunciation. Fetch. So I ask if she can meet that night (so the shimai can go teach her) but she said she can't, but she can meet at noon-ish or one. Sweet. I tell her I will call the sister missionaries and give her a call right back. I call the sisters, then realize that they will be going to Nagoya eki at 12:15 to go on a companion-exchange and so they won't get back til about 1:45. (40 minutes to the eki, 40 back) SOOO, I call back Kotoko and tell her that we will meet her at Kamiyashiro eki and so we can show her the way to the church. I then call Ryota kyodai right away and ask him if he will tachiai for us (Of course we had a priesthood holder present... I am not THAT wanpaku hehehe) and he said okay. So we went to the eki to pick her up, we get their, I call her phone, and she stands up and turns around and looks in my direction. Fetch. ***NOW- Here is my disclaimer. I AM A MISSIONARY, but I am also still a man... lol*** So yeah, she is flippin gorgeous, fetch. So we go and shake hands, then go and get in Ryota's car and go back to the church. As we talk, we find out that her parents were both members, then right after she was born (she is 20 btw) her parents got divorced, and since they didn't want to continue to go to the same church, her mother became Protestant. She was raised in the Protestant church. We got to the church, do the tour, and she is like "this building is a lot like the one in Tokyo that I went to." So yeah... she has gone to church on her own a few times in Tokyo and has met with missionaries there. Her friend is attending BYU and sent her a letter that said "Meet with missionaries." so she called us, she has juts moved to Nagoya within the past 2 months. Pretty bomb huh? So yeah, she knows everything about the church, we did a lesson about Joseph Smith, she is already praying every day in our prayer method (that's how her mother taught her), she pays tithing (10% of all her income goes to charity)... hahahahaha. Too good to be true. Way funny huh? So yeah, she is the bomb. We walked her back to the eki because Ryota had to leave, and we timed it perfectly to talk to the sister missioanries. They walked out right as we walked up. Here is the awesome part... Sister Aland was on the companion exchange. She runs up to Kotoko (who she has never met) and gives her a huge hug and says "I love you". Hahahahahahaha! Sister Aland is the bomb. Way freakin amazing missionary. So yeah, then we went to eat ramen with Kotoko (kinda awkward, she was like 'did you eat yet?' and so of course... we hadn't... so we are just like, whatever. Lets go eat.) So we went. That is where the picture is from. After that amazing experience, I am still in shock, I am still kinda sick because of my throat so we come back to the honbu, I lay down for a little while, then we go to the store and by flowers for our little obaachan (grandma) friend Hirata san. We left flowers and a card by her door. After that we visited Azumaya kyodai and read the Book of Mormon with him. At 8, we had a lesson with Ando at the Traveller's home. We spent a while talking about WoW, then we moved into the Priesthood. The lesson was kinda all over the place, but in the end, President asked if he could give Ando a blessing and Ando said that would be cool. We all stood in and gave Ando a blessing, it was a beautiful blessing and it brought a lot of peace to Ando's heart. He said he felt way light once we were done. Sweet. Best day of the mission yet probably lololol.
Yesterday we had District Meeting, it went good. After that I took another nap because I still felt way gross, then we went and dendo'ed a little, went to badminton, and then at night we were up til midnight doing a huge powerpoint for president today. Good day.
Well, I love you all! That's my awesome news... way good week but way busy and I still have a sore throat. Grrrrrr!
LOVE,
Elder CHRIS
P.S. TAKAYAMA!
I am going to Takayama today! Omg omg omg omg omg! I just got a text from Sister Traveller and she said "The bus for Takayama leaves at 10, all passengers must be onbaord with seatbelts fastened." OMG! I am gonna call Sakashita family and see if we can meet up with them! WOOOOOOO!
Next month the Oaks will be coming to Kanazawa for Stake Conference to reorganize the presidency. (President Arata is getting released) Sister Traveller will be in charge of taking Sister Oaks around, and they plan on going to Takayama on Saturday when they are there. So, Sister Traveller needs to know how to get on and off the highway since they just built a brand new one, so that she doesn't make any mistakes. SO- We are going with her to figure it out today! SWEET!
Love you,
KUN
No comments:
Post a Comment