Pull out the planner, let's see what has happened this week.
I won't even bother with Sunday, because I really don't remember. Ando came to church and he is doing way good. He had only smoked one cig after getting a blessing on Thursday night, so that is pretty dang bomb.
Monday was nuts. Staff meeting was pretty long because there was a lot to coordinate for transfers, then we had a lesson at three with Kotoko. She came over to the Traveller's house and we baked cookies so it was the bomb diggity. After that we did a short lesson and talked about Joseph Smith. We challenged her to read JSH and then pray about it. Sister Traveller did a great job teaching and bearing testimony. After that, we met Ando and Nishida and Go (Go is a member, Nishida is his friend) and went to the Yoneda family house for dinner. We ate, then for the lesson I brought a whiteboard and we read the tree of life story while drawing it on the whiteboard one verse at a time. It went way good.
Tuesday was transfer calls, we went in the morning with Yamaguchi kaicho (he is one of President's councilors) to try to talk to one of his friends about the church but he wasn't home. We did get to ride in his Luxury BMW 7 Something... it was SO NICE lol. After that we came home, went to the rental van place, then drove 3 hours over to Numazu City. The shimai got closed, but shimai in Gifu got opened so we had to move all the important stuff over to Gifu shimai apartment... fridge, washing machine, futons, bikes, etc etc. The van was FULL. Then, we drove all the way to Gifu (3.5 hours), unloaded it all, then drove 45 minutes back to Nagoya. End of story... we left at 8:30am and got back at 9:00pm. I drove over 7 hours... way taihen haha. SOOOOOOO, we get to the honbu, and I get a phone call from Sister Traveller saying that TWO MISSIONARIES came from America. We were only expecting ONE. Waaaaaaaaaay funny! It turns out that Elder Harper went to the MTC but spoke fluent Japanese (he lived here til he was 7 and his mom is Japanese) so they sent him out of the MTC early. Well, the MTC did send President a warning about 1 week ago, but it just so happens that Sister Gurr messed up and didn't read it thoroughly and just moved it to a different folder. Rofl! Elder Wardle was taking a video as they walked out of the airport, and everyone's reaction was way funny when a 2nd person walked out since they were expecting one. They all faked it and it worked, but President told Elder Harper the truth the next morning.
Wednesday morning we started off early again, lots of work to do for new missionaries. Since there were only 3, their trainers came way early and they got to meet their trainers before breakfast, normally it is right before lunch. We did breakfast, did training, did lunch, then sent them off to their areas. After that me and elder Katanuma ran a bunch of honbu errands, went to Eikaiwa, and then talked with Kenji and Kotoko afterwards. I talked ot Kotoko about dressing modestly and just told her straight up what we can and can't wear, she said that its kind of hard for her to understand because she likes fashion and a lot of her clothes don't follow our standards. It was okay though, she said she will change.
Thursday we said goodbye to the returning missionaries, Elder Sugimoto left. I can't believe it, I really can't. I love Elder Sugimoto, we were way good friends after we were done being companions (story of my life lol) and it was sad to see him go. He baptized 6 people his last transfer... that is ridiculous lol. Way crazy, awesome missionary. So then we went to the batting cages that night, and then had a lesson with Kenji. Baba and Katanuma taught Kenji, and me and Wardle went over and talked with Julius and tried to fix his computers. After we helped him we went and talked to him and his wife, had a way good lesson, told them our purpose as missionaries, and invited them to be baptized. They will hopefully be baptized on October 3. Please pray! Kenji's lesson went good from what I heard, he will be baptized on the 12th but we need to keep making daily contact and make sure he understands what a testimony is and can follow the commandments. He is a good man.
Yesterday was nuts, no office, all dendo baby yeah. We got to actually study (first time in a long time), then we had District meeting (President came and joined in, kinda intimidating lol) and then we had a lesson with Kotoko shimai. We went to her apartment, and while we were there her mom came home! So we met her mom and talked with her about a lot of stuff too. We were gonna commit Kotoko to baptism, but her mom came home and so the topic changed and we weren't able to. She will be at church tomorrow though, that will be good. After we had that lesson, we went over to Ka san and Yo kuns and made gyoza. The members we took were this little grandma and grandpa in our ward, they were hilarious. Ka really liked them, and so they invited Ka and Yo over to their house for dinner next week before the baputesuma kai and then to go watch Kenji get baptized. Woot woot.
Now to this morning, it was a rough one waking up, I laid in my futon from 6:30 until about 7:30 just talking to elder Wardle and Baba, the week has killed us all. Lots of late nighters this past week, and I have spent a retarded amount of time driving lately. Good stuff though. All is well.
LOVE YOU,
Elder Heninger
Q & A
Describe what Sister Traveller thinks your future wife will look like.
Hahahahahahahaha. So either way dark hair or dirty blonde, way cute (cute is better than hot), she is going to be a little smaller then me, no FP (I explained that to Sis T.)
Who is Mu?
She is a Chinese investigator that the Sisters had, she was their only one that was progressing.
We have someone from Fukuoka occasionally hit the blog. Any idea who it may be?
Whenever I visit the blog it shows up as Fukuoka for some reason. I pulled off some pictures that you had posted.
Who did you enjoy seeing the most in Takayama and why?
Well we only saw a few people, we saw Sakashita, Michibata, Setsuna (Yukina was at school), then we went and visited the Mizuguchi family and I saw all their kids, Sis Mizuguchi, and then Kouki kun (Taniguchi) so it was way bomb. The Mizuguchi's freaked out at my Japanese it was way way way funny.
What are your plans today?
Sleep.
Did this week wipe you out? Was it a long and busy one or what?
Yeah I have felt like way depressed these past few days because I am exhausted. Sister Traveller is keeping me genki though.
How has your health been?
Just fine. I am kinda fat which is a bummer.
Gonna go read my other mails (Jacque sent me a HUGE one) and then I will come back and do my long letter.
No comments:
Post a Comment