Friday, September 25, 2009

Pics, Vids and Email from Chris

Click HERE for new Photo Album link




Look carefully at this picture, then go to the video at the very bottom of the post and watch it. Those crazy Japanese!!!
Here is my week!
Last Saturday we spent the afternoon playing with the AP's investigators, Yasu kun, Naoki kun, Yuu kun, and a bunch of their friends. The APs were in Kanazawa still so we had to go to their appointments, so our pday got jacked haha. It was good though, and just last night Yasu kun had his baptismal interview and he passed. He is a way good kid, I am so excited for him. That night we went and visited Julius, and then went and visited Kotoko. We didn't have an appt with her, so we went and knocked on the door... and her mom and her friend were there. They were just in the middle of talking about religion and were in a way fukai hanashi (deep conversation), so they let us in and we taught the whole lesson 1 to the two of them and answered all their questions. Her mom didn't remember a single thing about the church... way sad, but I hope to help them all.
Sunday church was good, I gave a talk that was simple, Kenji came to church, and then we went to Julius' in the afternoon to fix his computer. He is being a bum, he needs to get over his computer problems and just get baptized. That night, we went to Cookie Night with Kenji, and it went way well. In the middle of Cookie Night I got a call from Kotoko, who told me that she was done learning about church and she didn't want to meet with us anymore. I told her that we have to at least meet so she can explain, so we went and met that night. Me and Katanuma listened to everything she said (that RM from Utah that she was dating was being lame, so she dumped him) and then we both just poured out our testimonies and promised her all the blessings that can come from the church. She will be okay and will still meet with us.
Monday we worked, the Traveller's came home, then we went with sister Traveller and drove to Okazaki then Inuyama to drop off a desk and a chair to those apartments. That night we came back, taught a lesson to Azumaya kyodai, then went to bed.
Tuesday we ran a bunch of errands, went with the APs and did some joint-dendo (prostelyting), where we went to Yasu kuns, Julius', had a lesson with Kenji. It was a way good and productive day, we got a bunch of stuff done.
Wednesday we drove from here to Ueda-shi (Nagano) then cleared out the apartment, had the landlord check it, and drove home. I almost fell asleep on the way home, so I had to pull into a rest stop and take a 15 minute nap cause it was kinda dangerous haha. It's 4 hours there and 4 hours back... as well as the fact the apartment was on the 2nd floor, so it made me way tired when I was moving everything. We did make it home in time to dendo that night, so we went with the APs to Julius again, then had a lesson with Ando. It was great... Baba gave a way good lesson to Ando about the Atonement and I learned so much about how to teach and it strengthened my testimony too.. he is a crazy good teacher. Way bomb.
Thursday we had zone conference, it was a great one. Spirit was strong and I learned a lot! =) That night we had a lesson with Kenji, then had a meeting with Ryota kyodai and the Bishop, with President Traveller, and talked about the status of Meito and the dendo here. We really want to improve it, cause it sucks right now.
Last night we worked all day, ran some errands, ate some yabaton, and then had a lesson with Ando over at the Gurr's home last night. It was way good, the Gurr's spoke some good Japanese so I was impressed. After that we had some pizza at 9:30 at night in the Traveller's home, then went to bed. Sweet.
There is my week. Hook me up with some responses. OH YEAH. Today we are going to this Nagashima SuperLand or something like that over in Suzuka, Mie-ken, it is a theme park that is just like disneyland lol. We are going with Sister Traveller to celebrate all of us in the honbu, since the replacements will all be coming next week. I am way excited, there is a crazy huge rollercoaster! =)
LOVE YOU,
KUN

Q & A

Update me on anything you've heard about Papa Moribe
He had a brain hemorrhage on September 11th. He is in the hospital still. He had operation and they opened the brain and it was successful. His status is ishiki... (stable) he is currently conscious. He cannot talk. His right side of his body is paralyzed. Everyone is okay. Masaki (their son) is taking care of his business. I just called her back again and asked her if she would go to church on Sunday. She said she will. Sweet.

How many missionaries are in your mission now compared to when you got there over a year ago?
It has gone from 108 to 92, and will go down to 84 soon.

Has there been any progress with any of the people you were teaching in Takayama or Fuji since you left those areas?
Not that I have really heard, there was one college-aged Chinese girl in Fuji we found about a week before I left Fuji, and she progressed way quickly and went to church and made lots of friends. Not sure how she is now, but its cool.

What ever happened when the Oaks came to Japan? Did they ever stop by the mission home in Nagoya?
No, the Travellers stayed in a hotel all last last Thursday until Monday. They were up in Kanazawa. President Arata got released as the stake president, he had been serving for ten years. He is an amazing man, I was way priveledged to be able to get to know him and his family so well in Takayama!

Have you had a chance to mail home those three SD cards yet?
They just came you said... way fast. Sorry there is no explanations for two of the cards... it was a now-or-never situation. So, I figured you would rather have the cards now then have them in 3 weeks with an explanation haha (some pictures and videos are below)

When will you get a replacement Recorder and begin training him?
Next week.

What did you think of Nick's CD?
Lololol listening to it right now. So bomb.

Have you had a chance to write Jake and/or Jeff yet or have you heard from
either of them?
Nope, isogashisugiru. (way too busy)

Way good past week, I just sent my big email (above), hope you got it. Glad to hear that Holly is way good at volleyball, I look forward to taking her down when I get home! ;) Tell Lexi to have fun at the dance, it will all be good. It is cooling down a lot, we just leave the windows open all day and the breeze comes through and it is way nice. Conference will be next week and we will watch it on DVDs that they send to all the churches in Japan, I will be able to watch it in English so that will be good. Love you! Let me know that you got my email, gonna go shower and stuff. Sorry I was way early this morning haha.
LOVE,
Kun
Chris and Sister Traveller on their way to Takayama



Fcup Cookie!
After watching the video, check out this website to see exactly what they ate!
http://www.f-cup-cookies.com/
While watching the video, here are some words you will need to know:
Dame = Bad, stay away
Kanzen ni yabai = Extremely dangerous

2 comments:

Jami said...

Gotta love the cookies!!!

W Jenson said...

Are you supposed to have that much fun on your mission? I think so!