Last Wednesday we hopped on a train and went back to Shizuoka, and then I came back to Fukuroi with one of the zone leaders, Elder Burnham. He is the man. Elder Burnham is from California, and worked as a Creative at Apple before his mission. That means he taught people how to use photoshop, etc. etc. on Apples. Cool! So we had a great day, his Japanese is way good and we visited all our progressing investigators and had a fun FHE at the church too!
Thursday we switched back, and in the evening we went out to ramen with a member and 2 high school students who are her friends. (The member works at the high school as a groundskeeper, like Hagrid hahaha. All the students are afraid of their teachers but love her!) So anyways, we went out to ramen then went to Eikaiwa. At Eikaiwa, I did something you will love.
I read the story of The Grinch to everyone and they passed around envelopes! Then, when they opened their envelopes, I told them sorry that I am poor and couldn't give them money. =) We gave them candybars instead!Friday was District Meeting, lunch and a lesson with Nagai Kyodai, the recent convert, then a member lesson and a lesson with Mayumi chan. Goooooood stuff.
Saturday morning was kinda rough, so we called up KJ (an Eikaiwa student, about 23 years old) and went with him to a rugby game. It was the first time I have ever seen rugby, way interesting! Japanese rugby isn't very good at all, but it was way entertaining. The videos aren't too impressive, but I had fun! That night we had our Branch Christmas Party and lots of people came, 7 investigators plus a bunch of part-member families and neighborhood families. Success! It was the weirdest and most unorganized-organized (does that make sense? it means they tried to make it way organized but failed miserably) party, but all was well.
Sunday was church, Mayumi chan came and it was great. A member got mad at me for 'walking and eating' Ritz crackers. So I stopped walking and kept eating. They then got mad at me and told me I had to go into the kitchen to eat. I asked them why, and they said because its a rule in Japan churches. What a joke... we had just eaten a huge meal at the Christmas party the night before. It says in the Missionary Handbook I'm not allowed to write home about negative stuff.. so I'll just stop before I go on a rampage again. Hahahaha. Bottom line is, Japanese people love rules and making just completely stupid rules.
Yesterday was success, we first taught a lesson to Morishita san and broke down in some hardcore testimony and told her she has a testimony too and that she just needs to recognize it. Then we had a good member lesson, went home and ate, and then found a store to buy a kite. Know how kites are 98 cents at Walmart? $8.14 in Japan. Hahaha. But it was worth it, we then went to a park, Mayumi chan wasn't home so we just started flying it, and in 10 minutes we had about 30 kids. We are going back out with them to play soccer later this afternoon, it is kinda a public 1st-3rd graders after-school day care thing for the kids whose parents work. We got invited by a teacher to go bake Christmas Cakes with them on Thursday, so we will be doing that too! Good new service... all because of a kite!
I love you all! Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! We are doing Chocolate Fondue party on Christmas Eve, then the Traveller's are going to come to Fukuroi on Christmas day and play with us all day! We will probably go eat and go bowling! Sweet!
Love,
Elder H
No comments:
Post a Comment