I went to Chicago this past week for a business trip to attend a RADV Audit Conference. What is RADV? Risk Adjustment Data Validation. I bet that still makes no sense to most, so I'll leave it at that. We had a little time in the late afternoon/evenings to do some sightseeing. Below are some pics and descriptions of the events of my trip. It was my first time to Chicago and I had a great time!
I'm on top of the World!
This pic is taken from the top of the Willis Tower (former Sears Tower). It's 1,451 feet up and there are plexiglass ledges, "Skydeck", to step out on and take photos. Most people in my group were a little shy of heights, but I had no problem and thought it was great fun!

The City
From top left clockwise...This eye was interesting. I have no idea what it was, but perhaps someone thinks it's art. It sits on a busy corner downtown. Laying on the plexiglass at the Willis Tower. On a bridge with Lake Michigan in the background. The City at night, our group walking to the Willis Tower.

High Up
Pics taken of the city from various directions.

The Hotel
We stayed at the University Club of Chicago. It's downtown and is some sort of "Good ol' Boys" club. Interesting place, to say the least, but it was very nice. Jeans weren't allowed in the lobby or public places of the hotel. I got caught once and they quickly sent me to the "back lobby of shame" to wait for my group, since I wasn't dressed appropriately. Stuffy place! Starting top left, looking down this narrow street, my hotel is the one on the front right side with the pointy roof. It was only about 12 stories tall and over 100 years old. The men's room was hysterical. They have lots of old hair products on the shelf, like "Vitalis" and some sort of "hair tonic" products. I thought that stuff went out in the 60's! Our conference room, and last of all, the lobby of the hotel.

Art Institute of Chicago
On Thursday night, some of our group went to a Cubs game, but I decided to go with some others to the Art Institute. It was just across the street from our hotel and over a large walking bridge. Saw some original paintings that were familiar. I'm not an artsy fartsy guy, so this cultural experience was a first for me and I'm just glad I did it. May not do it again, but it was very interesting. Random familiar paintings are shown above.
Last of all...kudos to the iPhone 4. I think the photos it takes are spectacular!
1 comment:
Chase was so ashamed that you chose art over sports. It looks like you had a lot of fun in between all your drinking :-)
Post a Comment