Yo yo yo!
Thanks for the response, I love being able to get them, print them, and then respond so quickly without wasting any of my precious 30 minutes. Sweet stuff.
Today was really chill. We didn't go to the temple cause its closed for two weeks for cleaning, so instead we went up there this morning and took a bunch of pictures. I just put a memory card in the mail, it has like a million things on it so enjoy it. I printed off some of the pictures (the bookstore has a cool little kodak machine) and those will be ready on Friday, so I'll tag up the back of those with descriptions and names and send those home next week, so you know who is who and a little about them!
So yeah, we are the senpai now. We have until next wednesday until the next group arrives, so we are kinda in limbo for the next week. It has been really quiet today, our senpai were pretty wild, so they were a lot of fun but I don't think they had a good grasp on the language.
The way Japanese works is there is a group of Senpai, then Kohai. The two groups just rotate, so new Japanese missionaries only come in every 6 weeks.
I can't wait to get the card with Eli on it. I just had to charge the battery in my camera for the first time last night, I have taken a few hundred pictures so that's tight. I will probably need to get another battery just in case mine ever goes dead at a crucial moment and I can't charge it right away.
As for the book, we aren't supposed to read anything but the scriptures and those 4 books church approved. Plus, Jesus the Christ is so long, I don't think I will be able to finish it before I leave the MTC. I am planning on finishing the Book of Mormon though, been doing 10 pages a day of that and keeping a good study Journal.
I forgot to take a picture of a dearelder.com letter, they are pretty funky. They are hard to follow when there are multiple. I got 10 yesterday, it was hilarious. Everyone in the world was mad at me about it. I guess there is a record of someone getting like 24, so you should figure out a way to get that broken. maybe get EVERYONE to email me on the same day, so they all get delievered together. That would be pretty sweet.
Hmmm... my wrists hurt from typing so fast. I haven't typed very much lately so I think I'm losing my touch, my grammar and spelling is going downhill, both from typing and from speaking less english. :)
I will hop on again tonight, so be sure to email me again before 8-9 and I will get on after the Devotional and tell you all about it.
Tell mom I do miss her cooking, and I do miss the fast food too. Some microwave ramen would be pretty tight for a snackage, anything that is microwavable would be good. The cafeteria food just has really bad flavors, and the side dishes are what are killer. Usually the main dishes are bearable, but the side veggies and stuff are always just horrendous. My favorite dish has been the Meatball sub, it was pretty dang tasty. They did a steak-sandwich too, and I just ate the peppers and onions on it with lots of A1 and it was pretty good.
Glad to hear everything back home is going good. Be sure to write back and I'll respond again, I think I covered most of the questions you asked so think up some more that I can answer.
love ya so much!
ELDER HENINGER
No comments:
Post a Comment