Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Juror

I had an interesting week. From Tuesday until Friday I served as a juror on a Federal Criminal case in downtown Phoenix. I was selected on Tuesday, then the trial began and ran through the end of the day on Thursday. We began our deliberations Friday and ended mid-afternoon. It was a very interesting case and it was a very good learning experience. By the way...crime does NOT pay. Avoid alcohol, drugs, extra-marital sexual relations and control your temper.

The inside atrium of the Federal Court House

A small fire incident in the parking garage where I parked every day.

Matt and Tom
Tom Garrett is a Phoenix Police Officer and I was his trainer companion when he was a new missionary in Tokyo, Japan. We served together in Ueno for a few months back in 1981 and have kept in touch ever since. Nearly every time I find myself in downtown Phoenix, I give him a call and we catch up on things. This is us just after the trial ended.

No comments: